Friday, September 14, 2007

Learning - Questions

I think that Socrates has a plan...that he guides his audience to HIS conclusions. The questions that he asks prompt his audience to feel like they are coming up with their own conclusions, when really, they are being led to Socrates' interpretations/conclusions.

Then again. I associate learning with questioning. And who is doing all the questioning ? Socrates. Is he learning? Or is he teaching?

I don't have a definite quote for this particular blog...choose any page in which Socrates attempts to have a "discussion." I put this in quotations because the conversations between Socrates and his audience are not really true discussions. A true discussion must include various opinions. In each conversation there is only one opinion - that of Socrates.

Pages 28 to 30 illustrate what I'm trying to say.

No comments: