Monday, October 1, 2007

Sitting Quietly. Pretending to be Darwin

So. Today I am sitting quietly outside. Pretending to be Darwin. I'm trying to observe and analyze everything I see that interests me. I'm mostly looking at leaves falling and tried to observe any patterns in the way that different leaves from different species of trees fell. Perhaps they twist in those patterns for a reason. I wonder if I just discovered something profound...that leaves of different trees are formed specifically to weave different patterns in the air as they fall.

There is a lonely squirrel puttering around. He/She seems really idle at first glance - fretting back and forth between two trees, but I bet there are tons of things running through his/her head. I wonder what animals feel and think and experience. Is it the same as we feel and think and experience?

This is nice. It's a beautiful day to be outside thinking.

No comments: