Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sickness

I'm not really sure that I agree with what Nietzsche's saying about sick people. Actually, I'm pretty sure that it's way too extreme and doesn't really make any sense and isn't at all logical.

"The sick woman spares nothing, living or dead; she will dig up the most deeply buried things." pg 123.

I think Nietzsche goes a little too far with the "hell hath no fury like a scorned woman" piece here.

The part about how sick people "crave to be hangmen." pg 123. Whoa. I really don't believe that sick people - in my head I'm thinking sick people with an actual bodily illness, not a mentally ill person - are "ready to...make one pay." I really don't understand why he thinks this.

This entire passage is a lot more accessible...but the theory that he is trying to demonstrate is a little extreme. I can't seem to be able to formulate some way to try and refute his theory...but I know that something just doesn't make sense.

No comments: