Monday, October 15, 2007

Nietzche 1

I'm not really sure what's going on in this book. The first reading was so confusing. I couldn't tell what the book was actually going to be about. What was he trying to explain??

It was almost comical how pompous and self-absorbed this Nietzche is. My favorite part is his explanation of how it's not his fault if the reader doesn't understand what he's trying to say.

"If this book is incomprehensible to anyone and jars on his ears, the fault, is not necessarily mine. It is clear enough, assuming, as I do assume, that one has read my earlier writings and has not spared some trouble in doing so: for they are, indeed, not easy to penetrate." page 22

Well, Nietzche. I don't know what you're trying to say. And I don't believe that it's because I have not read all your other books. Perhaps if you'd actually explain properly what you're trying to say, without all the flowery, unnecessary language, I'd understand.

No comments: