Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Watching vs. Reading

I enjoyed our interactive class on Monday. It was a nice change. And Mr. Hamm (?) was really engaging. I definitely agree with him - watching Shakespeare the way it was meant to be experienced is a much better than reading it. I had forgotten that these plays were meant to be performed - not read in a classroom. I wonder if Shakespeare had ever imagined that his plays would be picked apart and analyzed in the classroom...

I haven't seen Othello in play or movie form. I'll have to do that. I think it might help with visualizing the scenes. I don't find Othello excrutiatingly boring and horrible. There is a significant amount of action and excitement. I would take Othello over Augustine any day. Augustine was not quite so intriguing.

No comments: